Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Winding Down the Garden.

We have had descent weather for the last few days, so I have been getting a couple of jobs done in the garden.



Dahlias have been lifted and left to over winter in the plastic green house.



All the pots have been gathered into a corner near the house. Hopefully there is safety in numbers and it is easier to cover a group of plants with fleece if I have to rather than one pot at a time.










I went a bit mad with the bulbs. I start off buying 1 or 2 packs and then every time I go to get the budgie supplies I end up with more. It's not my fault the pet shop is in the garden centre.They have all been planted out.


There was meant to be ornamental cabbage to plant out but the slugs got to them.


I found a foxglove hiding at the bottom of the garden. The poor plant doesn't know it is November.


The last of the tomatoes. They finally ripened on the window still

4 comments:

  1. Dear Cookie Jar
    You have been so busy! I think your bulb selection is gorgeous and will look beautiful next Spring. I know what you mean about bulb buying though as it is very easy to get carried away. I am planning to do my planting at the weekend, weather permitting.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie.
      I hope you get the weather to plant your bulbs.
      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. It's a good idea to gather all the pots together, I do this too, makes the fleece wrapping so much easier. I love your choice of bulbs, your garden will be a riot of colour come spring. I especially love all the tulip varieties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of my pots cracked the year of the snow, so now I go for the saftey on numbers approach. Hopefully the garden will be lovely and colourful next spring.

      Delete